Many of our clients ask us what they can do to maintain vibrant, healthy hair growth. One of the best things you can do to stave off hair loss is simply to make sure you’re eating right.
After all, your body needs sustenance in order to carry out its essential functions, and that includes functions related to hair growth. If you’re not providing your follicles with the right blend of vitamins and nutrients, then those follicles may not be able to produce the kind of hair growth you desire.
This brings up an obvious question: What kind of diet should you be eating in order to enjoy robust, healthy hair growth? There are a number of foods that we can heartily recommend.
- Eggs. Eggs are chock full of protein and biotin, two nutrients that are essential for healthy hair growth. Keep in mind that follicles are mostly made of protein, so if your diet is protein-poor, those follicles may become quite diminished.
- Berries. Get plenty of berries in your diet, because they’re loaded with the good stuff, including antioxidants and Vitamin C, all of which assists with normal, healthy hair growth.
- Fatty fish. Omega-3 fatty acids really help contribute to hair growth, and the best place to find them is in fish. We specifically recommend mackerel, salmon, and herring. These fish have the added bonus of being rich in Vitamins B and D3.
- Avocados. Avocados are good for your health in more ways than one; for example, they’re a great place to turn for healthy fats. But for our purposes today, we’ll note that avocados are rich in Vitamin E, which is crucial for healthy hair follicles.
- Spinach. You can’t go wrong with a healthy, green vegetable, and spinach is one of the best for hair growth. It’s got iron, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, folate, and a number of other nutrients that your follicles desperately need.
- Nuts. It’s incredibly easy to add nuts to your diet; perhaps grab a handful of nuts next time you need a snack, as opposed to chips or crackers. Nuts come with Vitamin E, zinc, and fatty acids that really
- Oysters. Depending on your fondness for seafood, this one may be a tough sell… but if you have a way to add oysters to your diet, that may be really beneficial to your hair growth. Oysters are amazing sources of zinc, a critical nutrient for healthy hair.
- Beans. We mentioned the significance of protein. If you’re looking for a plant-based source of protein to aid in healthy hair growth, there’s no better place to turn than to beans!
These are just a few of the dietary staples that can nourish your follicles and lead to consistent hair growth. Try making some nutritional changes in your life and see if you notice a difference in hair volume or quality. And if you have any additional hair loss needs, reach out to our office at any time.
Contact us for more information and to request a free consultation.